1. Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, 2014, UC Berkeley
2013–2014 Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, sponsored by the GSI Teaching and Resource Center, UC Berkeley, in recognition of the exceptional achievements as a teacher
2. Steidel Scholarship Award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2014, UC Berkeley
An award established in 1997 by Professor Bob Steidel’s descendants to recognize excellence in teaching and mentoring by graduate students in UC Berkeley’s Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University, d.school, K-Global Entrepreneurship Program (Summer 2015)
Led three sessions of the K-Global Entrepreneurship Program 2015 hosted by the Center for Design Research at Stanford University. Sessions consisted of a lecture, a hands-on design thinking workshop, and a design roadmap prototyping team activity. Participants included 20 c-level executives from industry.
Graduate Student Instructor
UC Berkeley (2011–2014)
Managing the New Product Development Process: Design Theory and Method (MBA 290N/ME 290P, graduate level, Fall 2013, Fall 2012)
Led in-class activities, held office hours, and mentored interdisciplinary project teams from various programs such as the Haas School of Business, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc. (Received Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award 2014)
Introduction to New Product Development (UGBA 190T/ME 110, undergraduate level, Spring 2014, Summer 2012, Spring 2012)
Led in-class activities, held office hours, and mentored interdisciplinary project teams from various programs such as the Haas School of Business, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
Doctoral Student Coach
UC Berkeley, Master of Engineering Capstone Project, Fung Institute for Engineer-ing Leadership (2013–Present)
- Mercedes Benz Team (2013–2014)
- Samsung Next Digital Team (2013–2014)
- The Internet of Things UX Design Team (2014–2015)
- Samsung IoT Flexible/Wearable Devices Team (2015–2016)
Mentor/coach Master of Engineering students in the Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership. Conduct regular weekly meetings with a research advisor, guide the team’s direction and support their activities, create grade rubrics, grade students with a research advisor, and review final thesis papers and provide feedback/comments.
Design for America, UC Berkeley Studio (2013–Present)
Mentor/coach student-initiated design groups on campus. Join their team activities and discussions in the Cal Design Lab and provide productive feedback on their project progress. Participate as a judge in final trade showcases and presentations.
- “Design Research,” ME110 Summer Session, Department of Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley, June 18, 2015.
- “Design Roadmapping Workshop,” Department of Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley, April 30, 2015.
- “Fundamentals of Sketching,” Department of Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley, February 6, 2015, and January 31, 2014.
- “Sketching,” The School of Information, UC Berkeley, January 29, 2013.
K-12 Workshop Organizer
Cal Day, UC Berkeley, 2015, “Design Thinking Workshop,” Black Graduate Engineering and Science Students Annual High School Science Fair, May 18, 2015.